This essay had many interesting topics in it. Their was one topic in a line that jumped out at me as the theme. The line where they talked about beauty being everywhere was a big part of the essay to me. The message being sent here was not to always only see the bad in a situation. He wanted people to look more into what good can happen from it. The main idea of the story was not to put all of your efforts into one thing because it can make your efforts with something you want more worse. This was showed in the book his father wrote and also in his efforts to articulate a book he was suppose to read during class. In the story his father wrote the main character put too much effort into his hotel when all he really needed was to put some effort into his relationship. I saw the same pattern in his efforts to understand a book during class. I feel that his teacher wanted him to try and understand the bigger picture verses trying to understand what the author was writing about.
Three voices: A line in this essay that I really liked was “their are phones ringing beyond Beethoven.” I was able to get a very clear picture of this scene where their was music playing in the room they were in and the character able to listen to a phone ring in another room. I think it was more of the wording of this line that I liked the most.
Fine art of Sighing: My favorite line from this essay was “you can no more contain it than you hands can cup a lake.” I thought this was a better way to explain sighing verses saying that it is an automatic body function that the mind cannot control. I feel like this could also become a very popular quot and very well known.
No comments:
Post a Comment